What the Forum does
We provide tailor-made and independent advice to (potential) organisers of European citizens’ initiatives in any of the official EU languages within maximum eight working days, for example:
- Legal advice
- Advice on campaigning
- Advice on fundraising
- Advice on any other relevant topics
Legal advice can include an assessment of:
- whether there is already EU legislation on the subject of the draft initiative;
- whether the draft initiative can meet the registration criteria, including whether it does not fall manifestly outside the Commission's powers and, if so, which Treaty provision(s) confer(s) this power to the Commission;
- whether other organisers have requested the registration of similar or nearly identical initiatives in the past and whether they met with success or not.
Advice on campaigning and/or fundraising can assess:
- your networks in place;
- your base of volunteers;
- human and financial resources;
- communication strategies;
- access to funds, etc.
What the Forum does not do
We do not draft initiatives for organisers or support them in carrying out their campaigns or raising funds.
If you simply require information about the European citizens' initiative process in general, we invite you to consult the Learn section of this site and/or the official register of the European citizens’ initiative which contain a wealth of detailed information. Factual information can be requested by contacting Europe Direct.
If you need advice, please send us your question(s) by clicking on the button below. You will be asked to fill a short questionnaire. Thank you.
Please note that the advice provided is independent and cannot be considered to be the opinion of the European Commission or of any other EU or national institution, nor will this advice be binding upon the European Commission or on any other EU or national institution.